Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Bloggers Block
 
I haven't written anything for ten days.  Is it Bloggers Block or is it merely the result of too many thoughts in my head?  I must admit I have been thinking a lot lately and for me that spells confusion.  I got back Sunday from Toronto and miss it already.  I miss the fact that in Toronto there is always something to do or someplace to go.  Unlike here in a small town with no public transport, no cinema no gay life ( well no visible gay life).  Culture here centres around a trip to London which is a 20 to 30 minute drive.  This means you can not go to a bar for a drink because then you can't drive home legally.  It means you have to plan ahead for trips to the cinema.  You can't  just jump on the subway when you need to see a movie. Sure big cities have lots of drawbacks, they are crowded, noisy, polluted and expensive, but I am still a city guy at heart.  Cities gives me a sense of independence and anonymity.  Big cities give you the chance to experience a variety of things.  So it only confirms to me the notion that I belong in a big city and that trying to find work there is the right thing for me.  I would suffocate knowing I was stuck in this small town.  But how can I make Toronto a reality, my present plan has not been successful.  How should I change my strategy?  So many questions, if only I had the answers. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home