Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

ADDICTIONS!

I guess we all have addictions and most of us have numerous addictions. I don't smoke and while I do drink I am not addicted. But I am addicted to food and sex. Why? Because the both make you feel good? Food is comforting and tastes good and then again so is sex. How do you know if you really are addicted to sex. Is it by the number of partners you have, that is a scary thought, or is more to do with the reason you have sex. For me sex has been a part of my life for a very long time from an early age. Sure it started by myself but for as long as I can remember I have been masturbating. And sex with other people started at about the age of 11. Sex makes you feel that others like you, it is comforting having a warm body next to you, and ultimately there is the orgasm. Even as a wee child, I had orgasms, without ejaculation but the release still feels good. Some children sucked their thumbs, others had a favourite blanket for me, I used to masturbate by lying in bed and rubbing my erection on the mattress until I reached orgasm or was told to stop by a parent. And I can't remember a time when I did not practice sex or masturbation, actually that is a lie. A few years ago I had a serious illness, I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and at home recovering for almost 4 months...and that is the longest time I have gone without an orgasm. During that time I never thought of sex or desired it...my poor partner. But when I wanted sex again..it was a sure sign of my recovery. I still remember ejaculating after almost six months of abstinence...mmmm. I could never be a monk!

When I was growing up I thought people of my age no longer had sex. And now I can't imagine a life without sex. Perhaps the orgasms are not as frequent as before but then again maybe they are. And as a single gay male, sex is pretty easy to find. And now days with the introduction of Viagara people's sex lives will continue as long as they are physically able. And if any of you men have been to a gay sauna, you know that there are always older gentleman eager to give a guy pleasure even if they themselves remain flaccid. So even without the anticipation of an impending orgasm the human body still has the urge to be close to others or to give others pleasure or perhaps it is just men trying to prove they are men? So is this such a bad addiction. I guess things like STD do make frequent encounters with numerous partners riskier, but if you play safely all should be well. I could have worse addictions, alcohol, gambling...but then there is the addiction to internet chat rooms...ahhh......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home