Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

MOVING ALONG

Things seem to be moving along with the new man. It has been over a month. There was a rough patch last week. It was a Tuesday night and he was getting back late so I thought I wouldn't see him so I invited a friend from work over. Then the man calls and I wanted to see him so I invited him over. He seemed OK at first but soon became defensive at the questions my work friend was asking and left after 30 minutes in quite a huff. My work friend left a few minutes later saying, " I don't think he likes me!" I tried to call the man on his cell but he did not answer, which is unusual from him. I didn't hear from him the next day, then finally I caught him on line and he said he was just in a really strange mood and didn't want to see anyone. I was so concerned he was upset at me that for the 24 hours we had no contact ,my stomach was in knots the entire time. He said he was finally ready to see me again after two days. He was still in a bit of a mood and was worried about his mood, saying " I should seek professional help." The first reunion was a bit strange, probably due to the fact that I was questioning him about his mood and if he was upset with me. But the next day things seemed to be back to normal. My personal opinion is he is homesick, having only been in the city for a few months and suffering the frustration of a new job, a new city and new friends. Anyway my insecurities kicked in again, I was convinced he didn't want to see me...but as usual I seem to have over-reacted.

It is a long weekend here, Thanksgiving. Yesterday I cooked him a nice meal, which I think surprised him as I haven't cooked much lately and he was surprised at the skill of my cooking. Today we woke up, and I cooked a big breakfast/brunch....shagged again and then went to a movie followed by lunch, a little shopping and then parting ways. He just called now and we will meet later for a late supper and perhaps go out or stay in and watch a movie. I like the guy and am trying to enjoy it. I must not react again hastily.

My ex started talking to me online yesterday...shock of horrors...as he hasn't initiated a conversation in six months. Why I am not sure, I answered his questions and didn't ask him too many questions. He asked for my address but I am sure he only did that to seem proper..after all he hates me and has not kept in contact so why would he begin now???? Time to let him out of my heart...time to move on...time to forgive...time to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home