Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

RELATIONSHIP?

I haven't written much lately which in my books usually means things are going well. Well personally anyway as work is a disaster at the moment through no fault of my own but I digress. I have been seeing a guy for the last three weeks. Well I guess we are seeing each other...every day he is in town we see each other...he is a flight attendant so is often away. And I guess my insecurity is that I want some definition to the relationship, but I must learn to live without that. Are we dating? Yes we are, but I want him to say that and he hasn't and won't, so why does that upset me...well it doesn't really upset me but it does make me insecure...oh that ugly word raises it head again. It is simply because I can not believe someone so smart, so sexy, so funny, so good looking and so young would want to spend time with me. Why can I not believe in myself??? I know I have never had a lot of self confidence and I thought I was getting some of it back, but this relationship makes me even feel more secure at times, I must learn to put these thoughts out of my mind.

I love having someone to hang out with again, we go to movies, we go shopping, we go out for meals, we talk and we play. So all seems fine...it's just my nagging doubts. Why am I the only person in the world to have such doubts. You know I was visiting a good friend this weekend and she said something that kind of shocked me, she said " why would anyone not like you?" I never thought about that before but its true while I may not be friends with everyone, I do tend to get along with people...and I have been told numerous times that I am a likeable guy....yet I still don't quite believe it.

I must learn to trust myself and believe in myself and not to question myself or everyone else so much.

Sorry I must go, I have a dinner date....and hopefully dessert!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home