Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

CHRISTMAS...COMMERCIAL?

How commercial can Christmas get? My niece and nephew gave my parents a Christmas tree for the computer...yes you heard right...it is a fiber optic tree that plugs into a USB slot! I suppose it is designed for those people in the work place that like to adorn their workstations or cubicles with all kinds of shit. A tree at Christmas...a pumpkin for Halloween, a bunny for Easter, a heart for Valentines..Etc, etc, decorating for the holidays has got out of hand or maybe it has become just too tacky...it must be a huge business. It is not bad enough that for Christmas people go overboard and buy their family gifts they can't afford or give them things they never wanted or would use. Time to stop the nonsense! I'd rather receive a very personal gift when least expected sometime during the year..then something, someone has picked up at the last moment with no thought just because they have to give me a Christmas present, what do I do with a banana tree???..just put it in the closet with the other two!!! OK OK you caught me, this is just my way of telling all my friends not to expect a present for Christmas!!!



Is this tacky or what????


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home