Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

BON SAMEDI!

Saturday turned out to be a great day. I went to a movie with a friend and saw I Huckabees. It was an interesting movie, not your typical Hollywood fare. I quite enjoyed it but it is the kind of movie that deserves at least a second viewing perhaps more as it was about existentialism. I was downtown and missed a phone call from PM. I decided to call him back, unfortunately I could not talk to him very long as I was calling from my cell phone (Only 12 minutes, thanks to the last call timer!). But it was one of those calls were the conversation flowed easily; I could have talked for hours. But the best part was that I felt that I was growing distant from PM over the last few weeks as we haven’t spoken much and although we say hello on MSN Messenger, the conversation are not serious and often short as PM would say” n’important qwa”. I felt I was losing touch, but I knew I had to let him drift. He said he had been having problems with friends needing his advice and counseling for the last few weeks and I also know he has lots of friends on MSN to talk to, some en francais, which must be so much easier for him, so I did understand the decrease in contact with me…although I did not like it, I had to accept it! So Saturday’s call was a pleasant surprise, I only wish I had been at home so we could have talked for hours. It once again made me feel connected to him. I suppose this makes me sound silly and dependent. But I place a lot of emphasis on friendship; I tend to find it difficult to make friends so maintaining friendships for me is important. Thank you friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home