Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

FOR RENT?

The strangest thing happened last night. I was meeting a friend for coffee at 6:30 PM and then going to the theatre at 8:00 PM. I decided to park between the theatre and the coffee shop, which are only two blocks away. I parked beside a park. The park is known for being somewhat cruisy but this is usually later in the evening. As I was parking the car a guy walked past my car and towards a big spruce tree. As I got out of the car and started to walk through the park to the coffee shop, he proceeded to take a piss facing the tree. I was naturally a bit surprised as this is unusual behavior, especially so early in the evening. As I walked by him he said something like,” it sure is wet tonight”, as it had been raining for most of the day. I said “yes”, looked at him and started to walk away. He sat on a picnic table and as I looked back he said, “So how is it going?” For some reason I decided to go back and talk, he said, ”Hi, my name is Brandon” and stuck out his hand to shake my hand. We had a bit of a chat. I asked what he was doing sitting in the park. He said I am looking for a warm place, that he was visiting the city and needed a place to stay. He certainly did not look like a homeless kid, too well dressed and groomed. Perhaps he was a runaway, I couldn’t tell. I asked him what he was looking for and he said oh sucking and fucking. I said sorry but I am meeting someone in 15 minutes. I said you seem like a nice guy and I wish I could help but I have to go. As I left he said do you have 25-cents for a phone call. At first I hesitated but thought all of that for a phone call, he must be legit so I gave him a 25-cent coin said good night and left. Was this guy a hustler trying to make a few bucks or did he really need a warm place to sleep. As I walked away he left the park, so he was not continuing to cruise for clients. Am I a fool to believe this guy was not for rent that he was a legit guy just looking for a place to sleep instead of some homeless shelter? I wish I could have helped him but would I have been trusting enough to give him a place to sleep, just so I could have sex with a hot young guy and would I be able to relax and sleep or would I be away all night wondering if he was going to rob me of anything and everything of value? I will never know, but an unusual way to start a very nice evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home