Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Monday, February 28, 2005

HAPPENINGS

Seems like ages since I last saw the man, seems like ages since I last wrote. So much has happened. I have a new job, I start next week…hurray…it has been far too long and far too hard. I am excited, anxious, nervous and worried. Mostly worried because the job pays a lot less than my last job in Canada some 10 years ago and the new job is in Toronto, a much more expensive city then where I lived before, so will I be able to a smaller income...I have no choice...of course I will. But I am scared at the thought.

I saw the man tonight after a week of not seeing him because of work that took him away. He called me at least twice a day the whole time he was away…so sweet and thoughtful. But he does still have a boyfriend and I should know better but something keeps drawing me to him. Tonight was a fantastic night, first talk, then a nice dinner at a local Italian restaurant and then fun and more talk. Tonight at dinner we actually talked about our feelings for each other and the complications, namely his boyfriend and my new job in a different city. What is it that draws us together despite both of us knowing better? I think I have played it pretty cool, not losing my head or my heart, but I do want to! We plan on seeing each other every night this week until I have to leave for my new job in the big city. I am not looking forward to our last day together. But the kind man says he still wants to see me and that somehow we will find a way to be together!!! All I can do is take it one day at a time.

Tonight my father called to say he and Mom will be back home tomorrow after two months away. I was hoping for a few more days of privacy...but I soon leave for the big city and will be away from them again, so I must enjoy the next few days with them. It looks like my life may be finally back on track again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home