Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Monday, February 07, 2005

KINK TO VANILLA (or SHOPPING AND FUCKING)

Saturday I went to Detroit with a friend to D.A.R.K the Detroit Area Rough and Kink Fest. Why? Well because my friend was interested in it and I like to think I am broad minded so why not. The event itself on Saturday was both disappointing and interesting. The day began with lectures on such topics as Dom/Sub relationships, CBT, electro-play, Dom/Sub play and leather play. Nothing I am really interested in, but it was interesting to see those who are into it (gay, straight, single married, trans gender etc). the turnout of people was disappointing but as it was the first such event that could be the explanation. I do admit I am pretty naive when you consider some peoples very specific interests! They highlight of the day for me was to be the Mr. Leather Cowboy Detroit contest Saturday evening. But again, I was let down as there were only two entrants..although there were some nice cowboys in the audience! The highlight of the weekend for me was bargain shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue on Sunday where I indulged in a few designer clothing items at an 80% discount. Can a gay man have too many two-ply cashmere sweaters at $30???? Well apparently yes, as I passed on the cashmere…but I regret it now!

Sunday when I got home I was smiling as I received an email from the man asking if he could see me Sunday evening…like he has to ask! Talk about being confused, I really like the man but he is already involved. I like him not only physically but mentally, I find the mental connection as stimulating as the physical part of the attraction.(I had written relationship..but replaced it with attraction as I am confused!) We shared a bottle of wine followed by an extended session of very hot vanilla play! (Sorry FD, still not many details.) I was quite pleased when he said he wished I could be his! What to do? Do I have time for a boyfriend when my life is still a mess…don’t I need a job more than a man? And does he really want me or is it just a game to him? He seems sincere and I like to think I am a good judge of character..we even have our first sleepover planned for next Saturday… just I have to accept the fact that life is a constant state of confusion. I am confused, but I am confused with a big smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home