Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

OH SHIT!

Oh shit, I was home tonight and logged into MSN Messenger, but my status was showing me as logged off. I did this because I was playing couch potato and watching a movie. I did think PM might be on later tonight but as he said he was going out to a bar tonight I thought he would be home quite late…but I missed him and he even sent an email saying he had hoped to speak with me tonight. Damn I missed him….and I love talking to him….if only he had called me I could have quickly logged on…the video I was watching was a rather boring epic called The Four Feathers…a conversation with PM would have been much more interesting! Sorry Monsieur P, but I am here if you really need to talk, just call me anytime!

This morning I was recruited to help my mother pick out some new eyeglasses. Being the opinionated gay soon, people around me tend to trust my sense of style and taste. PM don’t laugh! While I may not be as trendy or original as you I do have a good sense of style even if it is a bit common. After shopping for suitable glasses we met up with my father for lunch. He has been extremely stressed lately about his retirement at the end of the year. He has fears that he will not have enough money, fears that he will not live much longer, anger at the rising cost of travel medical insurance that may hinder his love of travel and the fear of how he will spend his days. It must be a big change as he has been working to support a family since he was 17 and now almost 65, that is 48 years of work. It will be a big change and I hope he can adjust.

This afternoon a friend called to see if I could meet for an afternoon tryst….that would be a praline to you MP! I have met the guy about four times in the last five months for such purposes. He has a partner with whom he is “happy” and has been with for many years. The partner apparently knows he plays around when he is away on business. I guess we both benefit from such a ‘fuck buddy” status, but I must admit I think he has been doing this for quite some time as the meetings are “strictly business” with no time for personal chit chat. But in my present situation it serves a useful purpose. For me it would be nice to see him more regularly, but I have to play by the rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home