Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

LOSER!

Today I felt like a real loser. Why? I went with my mother's to a friends place. He was doing her hair. Of course we had some little chat. How are you? What's new? Found a job yet? Why do these questions make me feel so bad. I feel like I have failed all the tests of the world. Is everyone laughing at me behind my back. Look at him, he can't find a job, he can't find a boyfriend, he doesn't have a life! Am I really that loser? Why should I feel embarassed about those kinds of questions. I am trying to find work! I do want to work! It has been too long I know but something has to happen, right? I feel like society no longer has a use for me. Yesterday I saw a job posting I really wanted and the HR Director was a friend of my brothers. So I sent him a note indicating my interest and to ask if he could find the status of the job. He talks to his friend and she says that I am too qualified for the job! What, I can't get a job, I find a position that interests me and they think I am too qualified! Shit what is a guy supposed to do. I guess they feel I would leave as soon as I found a better job, but that is not the type of person I am. It was a job I was sincerely interested in and therefore I would have stuck it out to learn more about the job, the company and other opportunities with the company.
It is strange, I guess I should be applying for jobs I don't feel qualified to do as they may find me the most qualified candidate for the job! Wow is this confusing! Why can't I just get a job I want? And why do I feel like such a big loser?

PM thanks for the nice talk this evening. You are truly amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home