Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Chat Room Buddy

Last night I had a 4 1/2 hour on-line conversation with a guy. We have chatted several times over the last few weeks, but the talk last night was unusual. We seemed to get on so well and talked about all kinds of things. His screen name is bornnatural, his real name is M. I have never seen a photo of him but he has seen my photo. Last night we were ready to meet but we live about 20 miles away from each other and he had to get up early for work and was leaving for a long weekend with his family after work. I am also away in Toronto this weekend. We promised to chat on Monday again and arrange a meeting this coming week. But he is playing it very cautious. He has not given me any real personal information such as an email address, phone number etc. While I will gladly provide these, he does not want them yet. Is this guy for real?. I can't imagine someone talking that long as a game, but I guess it could happen. We just seemed to click on so many different levels, it is scaring me. I have been thinking about him since last night and now I am afraid to meet him if it ever happens. I think he is too good for me and he deserves someone better. While he knows a lot about me and I know a lot about him, there are some things in my past I am sure he would not like, but he hasn't asked yet and I don't know his past. It is so easy to be honest with someone in a chat room, of course it is also very easy to be dishonest. I have been honest with him and he seems the most sincere of guys, but I just keep thinking it is too good to be true. I wanted to send him an email today, but I am unable to because I do not have his personal email and to send one through the chat room you have to be a paid member which I am not and will not become. So I guess I will just play the waiting game. He thinks it is fate we were destined to meet...but I am not so sure. I have had great conversations in chat rooms before and after a few weeks you never talk to the person again, what I think of as a great bond is only a temporary thing that the other person does not take seriously. I guess I have learned my lesson and I am being hesitant and sceptical but something inside me wants to beleive it could be real and that we could have a chance. If we do meet and we do click, it would be great. I guess you will have to follow my blog to see if anyting develops!

On the job search, it is becoming more optimistic. An old colleague I used to work with called about an opening at her company. This is great as we get along well and work well together, she is going to try and get her boss to look at my resume. She had also recommended a recruiting firm, to which I posted my resume. I got a response that day about a job in London, Ontario with a firm that is owned by a Belgian Company. That would be a strange twist having moved back to Canada from living in Belgium and then working for a Belgian company! And the third opportunity has been with another recruiting firm that has called three times to see if I am interested in becoming a head hunter and I meet wtih them Monday in Toronto. Even if nothing comes of these opportunities it has helped boost my self esteem. Someone out there thinks highly of me!!!

An update on my brother M. He seems to be doing well the last few days. I don't know if it is his new anti-depressants or the conforontation with me, my Mom and my Dad. I do hope we can get him into a counciling program soon. He needs professional help. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home