Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Self esteem again!

Have been having fun with my friend S.B., showing him a bit of Toronto and just catching up on things. We have been out every night. Last night we went to a baseball game, I had never been to a professional game and he had never seen baseball played before. We only stayed for half the game and then went out to dinner. Afterwards we went to Woody's for a drink.

Saturday we went out and he met a guy he went home with. Sunday we went out and had a great time dancing, but as we decided to leave S.B. got all down because he felt no guys had noticed him...he said he just wanted to kiss someone. But he really was down. All of it tied to self-esteem I guess. The thought that if no one notices you...you must not be good enough. He will have to wait until he is my age when people start noticing you s less frequently or so it seems. But S.B. already has a sort of boyfriend back in London,UK and is just having some fun here...but the minute he didn't get paid attention he got down. Of course I can relate to this but I guess with age we learn to shrug off such things. After all you can't meet someone everyday! Or can you? I guess we all have self-esteem issues...it just manifests itself differently in each of us...God knows I have enough self-esteem issues to fill a stadium!

Questions or comments? lifestuffblog@yahoo.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home