Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Rambling!

I checked my friend F.D.'s blog today. I just returned from Toronto and finally have great access to the internet again. I was so impressed with F.D.'s postings. She is an amazing writer and although I have known her for about 11 years, I am learning so much more about her through her blog. It feels a bit personal but I guess I am just learning all the details that we seemed to omit in the past.

My blog on the other hand tends to be quite rambling. I write in the manner which I speak or think. Not exactly perfect English!
But I do hope it is serving a purpose and giving me an outlet for my thoughts.

Have been quite down lately about the whole job thing. It is bad enough I have self-esteem issues and this aint helping! Maybe my ex S.M. was right, I am a waste of space! I guess I just have to prove him wrong, but will I have the strength to do it...can I make it...do I have any other choice? It seems I have never been able to be myself all of my life and it is the same again. I find I omit things on my Resume or C.V. as I think I am over educated for the type of job I want or that I lack the experience for the type of education. Will I ever be able to be myself....maybe if I just am myself people will accept me?

I got a call from P.M. today, what a great way to start my day. I always enjoy our talks. He helped me make it through some very difficult times and I wish that fate would have allowed us to live in the same city for a bit longer so that we could have further developed our friendship. I jokingly said to him that he was my Prozac, but in all honesty he probably is!

Is my problem that I don't know when to let go? I had a hard time letting go of my ex. While I am over him, I do feel that I could easily fall for him again. And P.M., while I am over him to a certain extent but the dreamer in me still hopes! Is that why I have a difficult time making friends because I scare them away because I get involved too quickly and hold on? Maybe.

Yes a serious of rambles tonight, but then this is what makes this blog cathartic for me. I guess you have to be a member of blogger to be able to find my blog or have me tell you the address. I guess there are so many blogs on the net that mine has not attracted any attention...oh well...for me it serves a purpose!

Comments or questions? lifestuffblog@yahoo.ca

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's Lorna! You may not remember me from our brief meetings in Waffleland and the Royal Mile in Edinburgh looking for something for your Mum. I'm over visiting chameleon at the moment and she directed me to your blog - I'd never find it on my own. You are WRONG!!!! You are a lovely teddy bear of a guy and anyone in their right mind would grab you and hold on for grim death. So,you happen to be in the same position as some of the rest of us - currently not in a relationship and yearning for things past- that's NORMAL and quite healthy as long as you realise it's only part of the grieving process. I hope you find someone who'll take care of you as you deserve soon and get back into a job but having a slump after something like this is NORMAL and it WILL pass. You just have to try to stay as positive as poss and open to new opportunites. All my best wishes, Lorna.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home