Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Disheartening!

I am really getting down about not finding a job...if I had a self esteem issue before it is getting worse and rapidly. Whey you apply for jobs online you get no response and when you go in person to fill out an application they say, "we're not hiring." Is it just the economy, is it my age, is it because I have no recent local work experience or is it because I have had no permanent jobs in the last 10 years. Probably a combination of all these things. Ever since I arrived back in Canada I have had a knot in my stomach. I am over educated and under experienced. Yes I have all these transferable skills but companies also want experience. Maybe the dream of living and working in Toronto will not be realized immediately. The market is competitive and I don't have the necessary skills and experience to get my foot in the door. Perhaps I should start in London, Ontario. Although it is not what I want...but perhaps a place to start. At least I have enjoyed my life thus far...I have had a good life and if I never get a good job again and never have money to do any of the things I dream about, I will have my memories. Do I need to re-evaluate my dreams. Surely you should not give up on your dreams!

Questions or comments/ lifestuffblog@yahoo.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home