Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Monday, May 10, 2004

So more about myself(J.M.). I am 47 years old, unemployed and single and living at home with my parents...how sad is that? How did I get myself into this mess...well it all started with love! I met a guy almost 12 years ago while I was visiting London, England....I lived in London, Ontario, Canada at the time, London to London! We met walking in Covent Garden. We glanced at each other as we passed then we both looked back. He followed me into the Covent Garden General Store (no longer there now M&S). Finally we talked and decided to go for coffee at Cranks in Leicester Square (no longer there). We had a nice chat and exchanged phone numbers, as I had to meet a friend soon. His name was S.M. S.M. called the next day and we arranged to meet for dinner the next night. We went to a place called the Pasta House or something on Brompton Road in Kennsington (now I think it is a coffee bar now, Cafe Nero)! We had a nice meal, some wine and great conversation. We talked as we left the bar, he was involved with someone casually,and I lived with someone who was terminally ill. We talked about sex and how gays could just have sex without it meaning too much. We went back to my friend’s (P.P.) flat where I was staying in Earl's Court and had a really nice time. So nice I did not hear the doorbell ring and it was my friend wondering if it was safe to come in, when I did not answer he went away and came back later. S.M. lived in Brussels but was English, he was going back to Brussels the next day and called, we met to say goodbye. We went for a walk in Brompton Cemetery. We found a secluded bench and held hands and had sweet talk. He was dressed in this suit he had bought at M&S, which would have looked great on a foxhunt, but he was still sexy! He called me the next day from Brussels and said he would like to come visit me in Canada when I returned. Wow, that was fast. It was the beginning of an 11-year relationship.

*Comments questions? funguy4others@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home