Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

GAY TOILET SEX AGAIN?

Hey guys and girls, don't you have any stories about sex in public toilets? I need some ideas for the play I am attempting to write. I sent my friend FD some of my preliminary ideas, she liked my initial ideas and made some valuable comments and suggestions. FD has a great imagination is an excellent writer and a good friend...I only wish distance didn't seperate us but that is life!

I had two interviews this week. The first one was absolutely horrible. It was local and was for a commisioned sales person with a national chain of stores. I came out of the interview feeling as if I had been physically assaulted. The guy interviewing me kept suggesting to be successful I would have to lie, cheat and steal and I am not ready for that! His line of questioning was very bizzare. I had read the company website before the interview and was bombarded with lines about trust, honour and fairness. Somewhere between the website and the interview all that was lost. I actually wrote a letter telling the guy to go shove his job, that I would not sink that low. I also sent a copy to the CEO of the company. I have heard back from the guy who interviewed me, basically saying he did all that to show me how tough commission sales is...but really...to go against my morals and ethics...that was too much. I will be curious to hear if the CEO responds to my comments.

The second interview was much better and more traditional. I first met with the Vice President who was concerned I was too qualified and expecting too much, but I told him I understood that the position was entry level and that I was looking for growth and opportunities. The actual interview with the supervisor was quite good and I hope to hear from the company in a few weeks. I got the interview as a friend of mine heard about the job through one of the salesmen she deals with. It seems to be a very good company to work for and is a highly respected and well known company. But I still have to deal with several issues including my age, apparently being over qualified and the fact that my recent references are out of the country which some people perceive as a problem. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait.

My brother with MS had another episode of losing his cool again but this time on the phone. His ex wife phoned about something and he began threatening her that he would kidnap his own daughter so he could see her more often. But does he not realize that would only be a losing proposition. Of course all this upset my mother who is concerned not only for the welfare of my brother but of her granddaughter as well. My brother goes for another counciling session tomorrow, but what he actually discusses in these sessions may have nothing to do with these problems. I have come to the conclusion that all of this is not merely about the MS he is dealing with but that he has problems dealing with authority and believes he is always right. I feel the MS only adds to these problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home