Life-stuff

A middle age gay man in transition.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

PHOTO OPS


Not much to report this weekend. A rather quiet weekend I am afraid. I have been taking a few pics. I did a series on towers of the small town where I live. This is in response to a request by FD to write about the town where I live and I will do that soon. I then did a series of pics of the larger city nearby. It is of motels and restaurants that have been around for at least 50 years, they used to be on the main road into the city before the modern 4-6 lane expressways were built. I think the pictures capture the era quite while and although the restaurants and motels have not aged well they are a bit of our local history. I also took the picture for my Christmas card this year…yes I am planning ahead but if I don’t I will be rushing at the last minute trying to come up with an idea. As it is it would have been easier having someone behind the camera to take the picture but I did manage a few acceptable pics…..PM come help me take the perfect pic for my Christmas card!

I am getting really frustrated at trying to meet people in this town/city. I have tried bars and the Internet. I seem to meet people who seem interested and say lets meet, but then they never actually want to…why can’t they be honest! I have even been out with guys a few times and they say they want to go out again but make up excuses why they can’t…isn’t anyone honest these days. Tell me you just don’t see us going anywhere…I am a big boy I can take the truth. It seems no one cares for my company at the moment. Perhaps it is me, I know I am at a bad place right now, but I think I am handling it well and when I meet people I don’t go on about my problems. Or perhaps people just don’t want to get involved with an unemployed middle-aged man. Or perhaps as someone said maybe I am trying to hard, perhaps people sense my desperation. Who knows…time will tell…although I never have been good at making friends..perhaps a new approach is needed!
I


1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Chameleon said…

    I appreciate the irony of the old tower being used for a hi-tech purpose (housing a satellite dish) and am looking forward to seeing some more pictures. I suppose it is quite comforting from one point of view to realise that age does not automatically render a structure obsolete (for many properties it enhances the value), that a new purpose can always be found - a bit like life really...
    Which brings me on to the more important remark. I remember being told that as long as I was looking for someone I wouldn't find anyone, that the desperation would hang around my head like a noxious cloud. I had already given up hope when I did eventually meet my partner. At the time I almost resented the kindness of my friends - everyone had paired off before me, they kept reassuring me, but I couldn't accept that they were right: there was nothing wrong with me, I was financially viable, I didn't have three heads, I may have held strong opinions and was not willing to be a doormat, but there had to be some guy who could accept a woman whose primary virtue was having more than two brain cells to rub together. Having gone through the slough of despair, spending a fortune on the shrink (whom I kept visiting until there was no sport in it anymore - I could run rings around her) it was pure luck in the end.
    You are a very warm and positive person, the depression is a glitch, it is out of character (let's face it, if there were no room for sadness or the occasional blip we would never learn anything and I think I can get away with saying this after all the hurt I have experienced over the years), and long-term unemployment is insidious in its almost imperceptible (but cumulative) erosion of self-worth. I value you as a friend and will never forget your kindness towards me. I know I'm not the only person out there who believes the world would be a drab and miserable place without you. Even when you were at death's door you were still thinking of other's before yourself - I also know there is a sexy guy out there who will thank his lucky stars that he crossed paths with you. It is the most appalling and comfortless cliche, but persevere and you will pull through. I'll buy a lottery ticket at home on Friday and if I win we'll go on that world tour to write the ultimate blog together!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home